Monday 19 November 2012

Microbrew Goodness



Every now and again I like to focus on another local business that has peaked my interest. In a continuation from my last blog I thought I’d stick to something near and dear to my heart, Beer. Since the early 90’s America has actually seen a pretty steady decrease in beer consumption as a whole. While the mega breweries have taken a hit, Microbreweries seem to be taking off. American craft beer is in the midst of a renaissance and has increased its foothold over the past. This is one example that consumers are shifting from quantity to quality goes to show that passionate american entrepreneurs can thrive in a world of corporate giants.

Recently I had the opportunity to take a tour of one of our local microbreweries. Rahr & Sons Brewing Company founded here in Ft. Worth is the perfect example of this thriving industry. They have more than doubled their brewing capacity, from 2000 to 5000 barrels per year, and won fifteen nationally recognized awards since opening in 2004. They offer five terrific year round brews, including one of my personal favorite the “Ugly Pug”. In addition they also produce some great seasonal brews like their “Winter Warmer” which also happens to be one of my personal favorite. It’s a traditional English Style Dark Ale and would make the perfect addition to your upcoming holiday get together.

If you are looking for a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon I highly suggest taking one of their brewery tours. For $10 you get a tour of the brewery and a Rahr & Sons pint glass. If you are 21 or older you are welcome to several samples of their current selection of beers. Tours are offered Wednesday from 5-7:30 PM and Saturday from 1-3PM.


So next time you’re in charge of providing the adult beverages for a get together with your family or friends, fill your Brute Box with some Rahr and you won’t be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment